Preview New England Corvette’s Rental Agreement.
Renters will have to fill out and sign the contract at the time of rental.
$1.50 per mile outside of the known route mileage for Arrive & Drive Packages. Over mileage fee on traditional rentals is $1.00 per mile. New England Corvette is in not affiliated with any of the restaurants along the chosen route – any compliments or complaints regarding food or service needs to be directed to the restaurant.
Renter acknowledges there is a tracking device installed in the vehicle monitoring RPMs and diagnostics. Each time the preset RPM limit of 5500 is exceeded for 3 seconds, an alert is sent and a $250 abuse fee will be deducted from the security deposit. Other drivers are permitted, however the renter is responsible for vehicle.
The Corvette can be legally operated on public roads inside the boundaries of the continental United States. Under NO circumstances, can the vehicle can be taken to any race track, time trial event or be entered or used in any speed or time trial competition. The renter acknowledges that the vehicle is equipped with a GPS tracking device, which allows New England Corvette LLC to track the vehicle and disable the vehicle while at rest. You agree that New England Corvette LLC has the right to disable the vehicle when it is driven outside of these geographic boundaries or is not returned when due.
The renter must immediately report ANY accident, damage, theft or mechanical issue to New England Corvette LLC. The renter must file both a Police report and a New England Corvette condition report. Failure to file or sign either of these documents does not absolve you from your responsibility for damages under this agreement.
Smoking is NOT permitted in the rented vehicle. A $350.00 dollar cleaning and deodorizing fee will be deducted from your security deposit if the vehicle is returned smelling of smoke. Animals are not permitted in the vehicle due to the extra time it would take to remove any pet hair. Your initials There are no credits or refunds if the vehicle is returned before the predetermined date and time, or with less than the included mileage in the rental term.
Renter understands that he/she is responsible for all damage to, or loss or theft , of the vehicle, including parts, labor, and towing, loss of use of the vehicle while it is being repaired, diminished value, of the vehicle caused by damage to it or repair of it, missing equipment, and a reasonable charge to cover administrative expenses and fees connected with any damage claim, whether or not he/she is at fault. Renter specifically authorizes New England Corvette LLC to charge his/her credit card for these charges.
- “AGREEMENT” means all terms and conditions found on all pages of this rental contract. “You”, “Your” or “Client” means the person identified as the primary renter on this agreement, any “Authorized Driver” and any person or organizations to whom charges are billed by us at its or the renters direction. All persons referred to as “You” or “yours” are jointly and severally bound by this Agreement. “We”, “Our”, or “Us” means New England Corvette LLC. “Authorized Driver” means the renter and any additional driver listed by us on this Agreement, provided that each such person has a valid driver’s license, and is at least 25 years of age. “Vehicle” means the automobile identified in this Agreement and its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys, and vehicle documents. “Loss of Use” means the amount calculated by multiplying the number of days from the date the Vehicle is damaged until it is repaired, times the weekday daily rental rate.
- This is a contract for rental of a vehicle from New England Corvette LLC. We may recover the vehicle at your expense without notice to you if the vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of any law or this Agreement. The renter “You” agrees to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from all claims , liability, costs, and attorney fees arising from this rental and your use of the vehicle. New England Corvette LLC makes no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the vehicle, nor any warranty that the vehicle if fit for a particular purpose.
- You must return the vehicle on the pre agreed to time and date specified in the rental agreement portion of this contract. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition it was received, except for mileage and normal wear. At our discretion, we may opt to have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic of our choosing upon the return of the vehicle. In such cases, the rental contract will remain active until the completion of the mechanical inspection. In some instances, the mechanical inspection will not be performed the same day the vehicle is returned to New England Corvette. The client shall not perform any maintenance nor install any replacement parts during the rental term. If we elect for a mechanical inspection, the security deposit will not be refunded until our mechanic has completed the inspection of the vehicle. ** The client IS responsible to check and maintain vital fluid levels. **
- The client is responsible for all damage to, loss, theft, or loss of use of the vehicle while it is being repaired, diminished resale value caused by the damage to or repair of, missing equipment, and a reasonable charge to cover any administrative costs as a result of any damage claim, whether or not you are at fault. The client MUST report ALL accidents, or incidents of theft or vandalism to the police as soon as they are discovered.
- The Following uses of the rental vehicle are prohibited.
- ONLY persons who have filled out the rental agreement and have prior approval from New England Corvette LLC may operate the vehicle.
- Under no circumstances may the vehicle be operated while under the influence of alcohol or any drug (s) prescribed or not, that may impair the operator’s ability to safely operate the vehicle.
- Enter or operate the vehicle in any speed contest, time trial, off road, or racing event (sanctioned or not)
- Operation of the vehicle outside of Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, or Connecticut without prior approval.
- Using the vehicle to push, pull or tow another vehicle or object, or for any commercial or ‘for hire’ purposes.
- Transport more persons than the vehicle has seatbelts for, or carrying persons outside of the passenger compartment. Any young children MUST be in approved child safety seats as required by law.
- Tampering with or disconnecting the odometer, data logging device or GPS tracking unit.
- Operation of the vehicle while fluid levels or any tire pressures are low; or any condition that may damage the vehicle or produce an unsafe condition.
- Operate the vehicle if you are not familiar with proper operation of a manual transmission. (if equipped)
- Operate the vehicle if your license has been suspended or revoked, or is invalid for any reason.
- Use the vehicle in any manner that may be considered abusive or in a manner that attempts to damage or disrupt the operation and integrity of the vehicle; including causing excessive tire wear (burnouts) or repeatedly or consistently operating the engine at or near its maximum RPM limit.
- You will reimburse us, or the appropriate government authorities all charges due to us under this contract, including:
- Time and mileage from the time the Vehicle is rented until the return date indicated in the agreement, even if the vehicle is returned prior to the time and date on this agreement.
- IF determined the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected, extra mileage charges will be based upon the GPS tracking Device or data logging device information.
- Loss or theft of, or damage to, the rented vehicle which includes the cost of repair, or the actual cash retail value of the vehicle on the date of the loss, plus loss of use, diminished value of the vehicle due to repairs or damage including administrative expenses processing the claim.
- All parking, speeding, toll violations, traffic infractions, fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing and storage charges and all other expenses incurred, unless any expenses are our fault.
- Any extra expenses we incur in locating and recovering the vehicle when not returned on time, or we need to repossess the vehicle before the end of the rental term due to a breach of this agreement.
- ALL costs, including pre and post judgment attorney fees we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing or defending our rights under the terms of this agreement. If you fail to pay the government agency or charging authority you will pay us the full amount plus a $25.00 administrative fee per infraction or unpaid violation.
- There is a 25.00 returned check fee.
- A reasonable cleaning/ detailing fee not to exceed $350.00 to clean the vehicle if returned in an unreasonably clean condition – food or drink spills, pet hair, excessive dirt, smell of smoke will all warrant an additional cleaning fee.
- IF determined by our mechanic upon inspection that the vehicle was purposely abused during the rental term, the renter forfeits their security deposit in addition to any repair or damages incurred due to the abuse.
- You release us, our agents and employees from all claims, for any loss or damage to your personal property as a result of renting a vehicle from New England Corvette LLC. Your initials
- You and any additional drivers listed and with prior approval on this agreement acknowledge that upon breach of this contract for any reason, New England Corvette LLC has the right and ability to disable and recover the vehicle immediately. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against you that arise from your breach of this agreement. You also forfeit any claim to rental charges paid if this agreement is breached prior to the end of the rental period. Your initials
- No part of this contract be modified except by in writing that a representative from New England Corvette LLC has signed. If you wish to extend the rental period you must be present with the vehicle at the original time and location of pickup, after our inspection of the vehicle, a new agreement must be signed by you along with an updated condition report, mileage and rental term. Your initials
- Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal or neglect to exercise any of our rights under this agreement does not constitute a waiver of any provision of this agreement. Unless prohibited by law, you release us from any liability for consequential or punitive damages in connection with the rental or reservation of this vehicle. If any provision of this agreement is deemed unenforceable or void, the remaining provisions and terms are valid and enforceable. This Vehicle rental agreement any future agreements are governed by the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
This agreement will be kept on permanent file and will be applicable for all future rentals agreements you enter into.